For the non-fishing members in your party or family, there really is plenty to do and see.
* Lovely shopping
* Museums and Monuments
* Golf (2 courses).
* Levada Walks in the mountains (Madeiras waterways)
* There are 2 cable cars available (Monte & Botanical Gardens)
* Madeiras Wine Lodges (tours and tasting).
* The famous Wickerwork of Camacha village (well worth a visit).
* Very beautiful embroidery
* The Toboggan ride from Monte.
* The Botanical Gardens
* The Ferry goes to Porto Santo and it’s beaches 5 days a week.
Just walk around the town and enjoy Funchal. There is a great variety of good restaurants. The food is good and the wine is excellent and great value.
The people of Madeira are friendly and the crime rate is very low. It is safe for women and children to walk the streets of Madeira day or night.